Anita's Weekly Column

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Creep Update

For those of you who read my post "Creep," I have wonderful news!

After a while, I decided that my old friend Brian was never going to speak to me again, and curiosity was killing me, and... well, I'm a jerk, so I downloaded and listened to Brian's CD after all. He's good. He's really good. I'm still amazed that I know such a person personally. If you like acoustic guitar, folky rock, or blues, I especially recommend him. Brian's greatest heroes include Neil Young, Bob Dylan, and David Gray, but Brian is particularly good at singin' the blues. He also has a really cool voice, though he doesn't seem to know that.

In even better news, I can, in good conscience, tell you all about Brian and recommend his music. You see, to my great surprise, Brian has started speaking to me again! (Apparently he's forgiving, as well as talented. I just hope he doesn't change his mind after reading "Creep," which, in fairness, I felt I should invite him to do.) Thus, I have his permission to recommend his music to all three of my loyal readers (and anyone else who might wander by)!

Give him a listen. His full name is Brian Blommer. His CD "Live: An Audience of One" is available on the CD Baby web site at http://cdbaby.com/cd/blommer and also from iTunes, MSN Music, and Walmart's online music store, to name the few places I've found so far. Just search for the artist "Brian Blommer" on any of these sites. You can listen to samples first, of course. CD Baby has longer free samples than iTunes, so I suggest you sample there. I'll add the CD Baby page to my links on the right side of this blog, too. Listen! Enjoy!

Brian also has recorded an electric, in-studio blues-based CD, "Too Young to Feel This Old," which he's let me hear, and which I hope he'll put on CD Baby soon. He's thinking of playing out in public more often, too. If I hear about any future performances, I'll let you know. (I know he plays acoustic improvisational stuff at a coffee house every Sunday, but I'd like to ask him if he minds before I send you all there...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home